Sunday, January 2, 2011

Kiss of The Highlander Review



A laird trapped between centuries...

Enchanted by a powerful spell, Highland laird Drustan MacKeltar slumbered for nearly five centuries hidden deep in a cave, until an unlikely savior awakened him. The enticing lass who dressed and spoke like no woman he'd ever known was from his distant future, where crumbled ruins were all that remained of his vanished world. Drustan knew he had to return to his own century if he was to save his people from a terrible fate. And he needed the bewitching woman by his side...

A woman changed forever in his arms...

Gwen Cassidy had come to Scotland to shake up her humdrum life and, just maybe, meet a man.
How could she have known that a tumble down a Highland ravine would send her plunging into an underground cavern—to land atop the most devastatingly seductive man she'd ever seen? Or that once he'd kissed her, he wouldn't let her go?
Bound to Drustan by a passion stronger than time, Gwen is swept back to sixteenth-century Scotland, where a treacherous enemy plots against them ... and where a warrior with the power to change history will defy time itself for the woman he loves...






I can not begin to tell you how many times this book made me laugh. Gwen wanting to find her cherry picker and Drustan and his to tight trews are sure to keep you entertained through out their story. I enjoyed this book from front to back. Once again Karen Marie Moning added so much detail I could see the heather fields. She also sets up the The Dark Highlander so that you will not be able to wait to get your hands on it.

Truthfully as much as I loved Cin and Lisa's tale, I would have to say this is the best one yet. Twin Highlanders and one time traveling 21st century heroine all in one comical, romantic, twisting plot make for a very enjoyable read.

You will be whisked away to the past and swept back into the future for an emotional roller coaster of a ride.

One Highlander will have to make a choice between life and death while the other must find away to connect the past and present.

Our heroine is caught up in something that goes beyond her scientific calculations and reasoning only to be heartbroken and alone. How will she be able to face the world without her Highlander, one she doesn't even know if is alive or dead?

When choices are made, one brother will find his destiny while the other will face death.

5 comments:

Swinka said...

Don't get mad at me but when did you make a blog??? Anyway, I love your prose. Very funny.

Bamafever said...

I made it a long ago lol but Kitt just fixed it up for me so I could do the Manic Moning PBD Challenge.
Thanks for the comment. :)

Danielle said...

As close as I've come to starting this series, I always push it aside. Thanks for the encouragement. I liked reading all the pulse points--things that make me want to pick up the book and dive in! :D

Swinka said...

Awwww Kitt is a sweetie. I love reading your reviews, they just crack me up!!!

Bamafever said...

*smiling crazily* I'm so excited to see some comments!!!
Thanks ladies for the encouragement.
@Dani I like the first two, the third is really good, but Drustan and Gwen had me squeeing like a school girl!

Romantic Times Convention

Paperback Dolls

All Things Urban Fantasy

About Me

Followers

Paperbackdolls giveaway

Bamafever's bookshelf: read

Dead Witch WalkingBlack Magic SanctionNightfallThe Fury and Dark ReunionStorm BornSilent Blade

More of Bamafever's books »
Bamafever's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Accidentally Catty

Bite Club

Darkness Unbound